This is the acceptable use policy for www.mimecast.com (Site). The Site is operated by Mimecast Services Ltd. (we, us and our).
Your use of any blog, message board, news group, chat room and/or other public forum made available on Site (collectively, Forums) will be subject to this acceptable use policy and to our terms and conditions of use and by using any Forum you agree to be bound by both of these.
We reserve the right to change this acceptable use policy from time to time by changing it on the Site. This acceptable use policy was last updated on June 8, 2010.
Although we reserve the right to moderate any Forum where we decide that it is appropriate to do so, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Forum, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Forum by a user in contravention of this acceptable use policy, whether the Forum is moderated or not. If we do decide to moderate any Forum, we will state on the Site that it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
You acknowledge that we cannot be responsible for the behaviour of Forum users, whether within a Forum or outside. We only provide a venue from which the Forums may be accessed.
We do not control the material submitted to Forums by users. You are solely responsible for the content of all information, data, text, messages, photographs, videos, images, graphics, audio recordings and other material (collectively, Postings) as such Postings are submitted by you.
You acknowledge that all Postings consisting of information, opinions or reviews express the views of their respective authors, and not our views.
While we will attempt to remove or edit any objectionable material (where we agree) that is brought to our attention as quickly as reasonably possible, you acknowledge that we do not pre-screen Postings. As a result, there is always a possibility that, by using a Forum, you may be exposed to content that you find objectionable.
Complaints about the content of any Posting must be sent to email@example.com and must contain details of the specific Posting giving rise to the complaint. If we do decide to moderate a Forum, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to delete, edit or modify any Posting submitted by you and/or to close any topic, at any time without notice to you.
Content standards for Postings
These content standards apply to any and all Postings that you contribute to the Site. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Posting as well as to its whole.
- be relevant to the purpose of the Forum and the nature of any topic;
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the United Kingdom and in any country from which they are posted.
Postings must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person or entity;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- be threatening, abusive or invade another´s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- contain or promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence or aggression;
- promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- be used to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- contain any material which infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any other person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- advocate, promote or assist any illegal activity or unlawful act such as (by way of example only) intellectual property infringement or computer misuse.
- be likely to mislead or deceive any person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
Right to submit and use Postings
You acknowledge that you are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to submit all Postings you contribute to post to any Forum and that no content of any such Posting infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, and that you have obtained the permission of any person, other than yourself, who appears in any photograph, video or likeness you submit as part of that content.
You agree that, by submitting any Posting, you grant us and our affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Posting (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology, and you waive any moral rights you may have in, or to be identified as the author, of such Posting.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of any Forum. When a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of our terms and conditions of use upon which you are permitted to use the Site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- issue of a warning to you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Posting uploaded by you to any Forum;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use any Forum;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all loss and damage resulting from the breach; and/or
- disclosure of all relevant information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we deem appropriate.
Please submit any questions you have about this acceptable use policy or any problems concerning the Site by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on +44 (0) 20 7847 8700 between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday or write to us at:
Mimecast Services Ltd
One Ropemaker Street,